Tuesday, March 27, 2012

3½ Time-Outs Tuesday (Vol. 2)

1. 

Holi (The Indian Festival of Colors) was last weekend, and we had a small-ish event on the Simpson Drill Field here in Aggieland. It was nothing like the celebration out at the Krishna Temple out in Spanish Fork, Utah, though. Apparently, Tens-of-Thousands were on hand for it. Here's a video:
My first thought: "Man, me and my friends never do anything this fun!"
My second thought: "I didn't actually see very many Hindus in that video. Just a bunch of white folks"

2.

I saw "The Hunger Games" on Thursday. It was pretty good, I must say. Having not read the books, I don't feel I can opine on the moral/philosophical aspects of the work; I'm told the book has a very strong message. It was a good movie overall, though. I said this to my friends afterwards, so I'll say it here: being a "Hunger Games" virgin, I felt that the movie could work as a stand-alone piece. I like that.

3.

I sang this song 3 years ago for the All-State Choir audition process, and I loved it. I found it again on YouTube by chance, and remembered just how beautiful it is. The scary part was that I could still sing it. No joke, when the basses came in a few measures after the ladies I was right there with them. 


3½.

I promised a few posts ago to put up my fishing pictures, and my friend finally sent them to me, so here ya go:





2 comments:

  1. Nice looking fish there, Patrick! Who cleaned 'em afterwards?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael and Travis, actually. We only had two knives and they grabbed them, so I lucked out!

    ReplyDelete