Monday, July 4, 2011

Spirit of '76

1776 that is...




Thank you, Lord, for the brave men and women who serve in our armed forces to make sure we are able to enjoy your bounty. Lord I ask that you keep them and their families safe and strong through their trials. Amen.


I've thought for a long time now that, if ever a draft were once again implemented, I would preemptively enlist in the Marines. Something about the pride and tradition of the Marine Corps is very attractive to me. In fact, it reminds me of the pride and traditions of Aggieland, only on steroids. They have traditions governing who salutes who, how that person salutes, when and how to wear your dress blues, etc. There's nothing PC (politically correct) about their pride. They think they're the best, and they say it. They don't pussyfoot around and avoid outright saying they're the best because they want to avoid hurting the Army's feelings, or they don't want to make the Air Force cry. No! They know they're the best and they'll be damned if they don't let everyone they meet know that they're the best. I think we cam learn a lot from that attitude. I think we can learn a lot from that attitude. I'm not saying that everyone should be prideful and boast, after all that is sinful, I merely think that we shouldn't be timid in telling the truth.  Plus, they're badass killing machines who deal death quickly and, often, invisibly to those who would seek to harm our nation. Can't beat that

No comments:

Post a Comment