Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Recap. Long, but I've Been Gone for a While

Hokay, so... It's been awhile. I told myself when I started this blog that I wouldn't do this to you, my lovely but rarefied readers. But I did, and two weeks have passed, and I really don't feel that bad about it because I have been utterly exhausted these past two weeks. Now on to the part where I egocentrically tell you all about the happenings in my life over the past few weeks and you pretend you're interested :)

I believe we left off with Casey Anthony. Not gonna recap that.

Since our last chat, I have become a Swim Instructor for the YMCA of Arlington. I taught almost exclusively preschool classes for the past session, and then a private backyard lesson for one young adorable almost-three year-old girl named Claire... and it was interesting. Even though I came home every day irritable, worn out, and just wanting to crash wherever I could find room, it was totally worth it. Those kids, even when I wanted to just let them sink, were retardedly cute. Even when they were gouging my skin with their little claws, and trying to strangle me, and screaming in my ears, they were still kinda cute. They took their toll though. All in all, I'm glad I'm a swim instructor. Even through all the negatives, I was, after all, teaching kids to not die in the water, as well as firmly crossing early childhood education off of my list of possible vocations. Just no. I was not blessed with that kind of patience.

Then came the weekend! Thursday night saw me and Stephanie driving down to College Station for the midnight premiere of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 with a bunch of our friends.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!
It. Was. EPIC!! I had not originally been a part of the group, as I had not planned on going early enough. However, God is good, and there was a last-minute extra ticket available, and I snatched that up like a hungry hippogriph! I didn't have a costume prepared, so I went as a wizard in disguise, which entailed shorts, long red soccer socks, and cowboy boots, topped off by a long, rainbow robe lent to me by Monica Wyrem. I looked pretty good considering I had like an hour to put it together.


After all that Excitement, I spent the night at my good friend Jon Hernandez's house where we stayed up till 5 am talking. Not a great idea. The next morning saw us up early and working (painting) on stuff for our Awakening table (i.e. the box, sign and my costume). Yeah, we know we procrastinated. It all worked out in the end though because they looked awesome!

Not too bad for just a few hours work!

Pretty soon we were under way for Somerville, Texas, and Aggie Awakening 92!! As always, an incredible, humbling experience. I was a Table Gopher for Table 5, and they just blew me away. But more about Awakening later.

Here's some good ol' liturgical chant for the road
http://vimeo.com/24293018

No comments:

Post a Comment