Saturday, July 30, 2011

I Have Returned

Take heart, ye poor souls of the Digital continent; I have returned! I know how hard my absence has been for you few, you poor few, who read this, and I want to take this time to apologize for not posting much lately.

Now onto my life.

I. Love. St. Louis.

So much to do, so much to see... Oh, and my Nana's here. kinda makes the whole drive worth it, I guess :). A staple of our trips to StL is a visit to the City Museum. I know you're probably thinking "City Museum, sounds boring!" but I assure you it is almost the best place on Earth. Would a picture help? How about 3?

almost everything you see here is to be climbed

That's just a part of the outside. Just a part! All of this is climbing as well.

It's in an old shoe factory, those chutes are now slides. One of them is 10 stories long!
At this point, you might want to pick those pieces of your skull off the ground, cuz your mind just got blown! There's tons of slides, climbing areas, little nooks and crannies to crawl through. There's a giant playground outside, the first floor is split between hamster tunnels, like at McDonalds, fake caves with all kinds of different passageways, and another big room that's just too complex to describe. The second floor features a large room which canonly logically be used for private gatherings, and the third floor is an eclectic mix of things, including a circus and a skatepark sans skates. Oh, and EVERYTHING is made of recycled materials. Everything. Of course, all that climbing and all the tight spaces has its downfall. you might just come away from your day at the Museum looking like this...
Oh, and every single muscle in your body will ache for about 3 days. But it's still totally worth it. I promise. 

Here's a link to their website: http://citymuseum.org/site/

No comments:

Post a Comment