Sunday, July 24, 2011

Branson.

Where is Patrick Hoelscher currently located?

That was a Jeopardy reference, not a serious question. It's all right I guess. I'm here for a family reunion, and we're staying a ways outside of the main part of the city; it's bearable. Anyways, I just wanted everyone to know why I won't be posting as regularly as I've been striving to. Mainly because I have to walk a quarter-mile before I can steal someone's wifi, but also because I am on vacation.

We drove through Fayetteville, Arkansas, today. I have to say, I was impressed. Once you get onto I-540 and start winding through the Ozarks, you start to feel like you're miles and miles away from civilization. Which for the most part, you are. Then, you come up a hill and around a corner and BAM! There's Fayetteville. As I was saying to a friend earlier, it's actually quite dramatic and impressive how it just appears before you. It looks like a good college town, but I'm not sure it would be worth the 6-hour drive. Plus, nobody's ever gonna beat Aggieland. It's not even a contest.

Anyways, that's my musings for today. I apologize for the brevity of my writing, but I have to get up early tomorrow morning to take a zipline tour of the forest here. Whoop! (I went ahead and pushed already, so don't bother yellin at me when I get back)

Goodnight, and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment