Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Aftermath

On the whole, I must tell you, those poor few reading this blog, that 4 in the morning is really a wonderful time of day. If you can get past the grogginess, that is. The air's nice and cool, even in the summer, and perfect for driving with the windows down. Cooper Street is almost entirely deserted, and Race Trac is open (meaning a $.49 32 oz Coke)! The pool at The YMCA wasn't busy and i got over 8 hours in for the day before 1! I assumed that that shift would be rather tedious, but it really was quite pleasant once the Adderall kicked in. On an unrelated note, i just realized, as I was typing, why they say what they do about assumptions. Don't tell my sister; my ego would likely never recover from the merciless beating it would receive.

Next topic. I caught a few short minutes of Good Morning America this morning on my way to work. Lucky for you, my rant about GMA will have to wait for a while. Anyways, One of the reports I caught was on a number of Little League parents who had been arrested for threatening coaches, officials, and other players, and even hiring hit men and players to injure players on opposing teams, and it struck me. This is just one of many logical extensions of a society that sees no inherent value in the human person, and instead measures value only as a result of functionality. If these parents saw their children as having just as much inherent human value whether they're baseball stars or just average-joes athletically I don't think we'd have this problem. Sure, you're always gonna have a few crazies, but it just wouldn't be this widespread. If these parents felt their kids had any inherent worth, they wouldn't freak out like this when their kid doesn't do well in baseball! Seriously, it's just baseball. There are plenty of other sports and thousands more non-athletic pursuits that your child may excel at! How selfish do you have to be to spend your son's or daughter's childhood in jail because you tried to kill their coach for cutting them from the team? If I ever become a parent like that, I give anybody who takes the time to read this full license to slap me full across the face. No joke. Do it.

Beyond the small scope of Baseball though, this is the same social development that has contributed to the culture of death over the past 50 years or so. If we all saw each other for what they are, as beautiful children of God, created in His image and for His glory, this kind of evil wouldn't exist. Sex would stay in its rightful place, millions of unborn children would not be killed every year, and euthanasia would be almost unheard of.

I think that's all for now; it's getting late and I have to get up early to take my Grandpa to the airport. i apologize for the rant, but I had to get that off my mind

 Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the Devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And you, Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the power of God, thrust into Hell Satan and the other evil souls who prowl the world for the ruin of souls. Amen

Pax Vobiscum

No comments:

Post a Comment